Flanagan Building
The Flanagan Building opened in 1939 as East Carolina’s only Works Progress Administration-supported project. It was named for Edward Gaskill Flanagan, a Greenville native and trustee who chaired the ECTC Building Committee. The building was designed by Eric G. Flannagan of Henderson, NC. Over the years, it has undergone multiple expansions and renovations, including the addition of a greenhouse in 1950. (Building Histories, 2025)

